Deathmatch, or "DM", is a common gamemode in many online combat games. Many good players play on these servers, along with hundreds of bad players. The problem is when these bad players find CnR, think that it's a deathmatch server and start killing people for no reason. This is called "deathmatching", or "DMing", and is a bannable offence on CnR.
Cops: No Teamkilling / Innocent Killing
Cops MAY NOT attack other cops or innocent civilians (white). Cops may only shoot in self defense.
No Deathmatching / Random Killing
Random Killing or killing someone for no reason is not tolerated in Cops And Robbers. It's not a deathmatch server, so don't kill / attack people for no reason, or you will be kicked / banned. This includes random hit contracts.— CrazyBob
What is deathmatching
First of all, deathmatching does not have to include any killing. Attacking for no reason is deathmatching as well.
Actions that constitute deathmatching include, but are not limited to:
- Attacking a player for no reason with fists.
- Attacking a player for no reason with melee weapons, such as a chainsaw.
- Attacking a player for no reason with a gun.
- Attacking a player for no reason with a vehicles weapons (eg, Rustler guns, helicopter blades), aswell as parking on the player.
- Attacking a player's vehicle for no reason (while they are inside it) with any weapon or fists. This includes the tires and glass.
- Placing a hit contract on a player for no reason.
- A police officer shooting/attacking anyone in jail, even if they are committing crimes.
- Attacking/placing a hit contract on a player for an incident that happened in a previous city.
- Attacking/placing a hit contract on a player for the same incident multiple times. This is very, very, very bannable, as past examples have shown. Source
- A criminal or group of criminals "hunting" police officers or "holing up" in a single location to goad the cops to come after them, and attacking them for no other reason (see the first point on the list below for a comparison, also known as the 'Jefferson Hotel Scenario').
- Placing deer traps near buildings such as the police department and bank (or any popular area in the current city) just to get people to stand on them Source
- Fishslapping to kill for no reason. Source
- Attacked a person because they did something to a friend. You can only attack someone if they did something to you Source
While attacking a player for a reason within the Regular Players Club is not deathmatching, it is against the rules.
What isn't deathmatching
There are some things that people think are deathmatching but aren't. Some of these include:
- A wanted criminal attacking a police officer chasing them (see list above for a comparison). The criminal must be trying to escape (leaving the city to get away from cops and to lose wanted levels).
- Attacking a player who has placed a hit contract on you (killing the hit placer cancels the hit).
- Attacking hitmen who attack you first. You can not randomly attack hitmen just because you have a hit contract if they have done nothing to you first.
- A police officer attacking a civilian in self defense (and vice versa).
There have been many deathmaching groups in CnR. One of the most recent and prolific groups has been ROMP. Other examples have been KTDN and aVo. While these groups are annoying, their tags allow them to be identified, avoided ingame and banned easily.
How admins deal with deathmatchers
Admins usually will kick or ban deathmatchers, depending on if they have been warned before. However, some admins will teleport to the deathmatcher and kill them with a minigun. JRN is often found doing this. Psyra will often teleport them out into the ocean or atop buildings and cage them, inviting the population to come taunt and tease them (or, if they're gangmembers, just ban them sometimes), while Fallon will usually get in a helicopter and teleport the DMer above the heli blades. Zzzzt!
ATeddyBear's DM/n00b Survival Guide
- Main article: ATeddyBear's DM/n00b Survival Guide
Since the recent high increase of new players there seems to be A LOT of noobs running around. So I'm putting this little guide together to help you along through the wall of n00bage when there isn't an admin on.
- Try to help them Yes that's right help. PM them. Wave your arms around. Spam a little and help them understand what the game mode is about and what not. If they start with the "OMG STFU NOOB LOSER FAG!!!!!111" then just leave them alone, don't start shit.
- Buddy up That's right. DM'ing noobs are much less likely to attack a group of people (not saying they won't. They're still noobs). Cops, get together in a cop car, enforcer, whatever. Not only does it make it 10x easier to take down suspects it will also allow you to take down/arrest noobs that decide to attack you. On the civilian side, find a friend or something to hang around with and ride together. Make a rape bus or something.
- Keeping moving For some reason when you stop moving or park it places a big "DM me now" target on you. I don't know why it just does. So keep on the move and it should keep the noobage off your back.
- Don't start shit Simple. If some noob is spamming "your mom" jokes and throwing around every dirty word he can think of just /ignore him. Don't start shit. It just leads to more shit and that doesn't help the situation. You just degrade yourself to there level.
- Use the script to your advantage Yep if you're reading this chances are that you know how to play, So use the script to your advantage. Oh! Some noob deciding he's Rambo? Place and hit and have one of many talented hitmen take him out. A noob decides he doesn't like the way you looked at him? /flash, rape, insult, whatever kill him. Give him a STD. Do whatever. You don't have to shoot him to death to kill him. If he's firing wildly he will eventually get a warrant and a cop can arrest him.
- *Cops* Have someone on heli duty! I can't stress this enough. Noobs seem to like to snipe. A LOT. So keep a heli cop on patrol to take care of them. If they accidentally run into your heli blades. Oh well! ;)
- Just avoid them. If you know someone is being a DM'ing noob asshole then just avoid them. Also keep away from the PD or other high traffic areas. Do your deals in some secluded place like you should do. If you need to go to the PD make it quick. Noobs seem to like to hang around there too.
That's about it. I'll keep this open to suggestion and comments and edit it if I feel something needs to be added.— ATeddyBear